View Single Post
      01-22-2023, 04:52 PM   #97
DrJLag420
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M240i

Manual.

I’ll use my M240 as my daily. Will keep it when I get the M2. But it does feel a bit numb driving the M240. Sport+ is pretty sick though when you get on it and do some paddle shifting. Something about driving an auto and mashing the peddle, smacking on those paddles. It’s different, but just not as engaging for me. I rarely use the paddles. Just let the robot shift for me. When I get in one of my other manual cars, I feel at home. Like warm apple pie…And I don’t seem to be speeding nearly as much to get the same engagement as when I drive my M240. But man, the M240 is sneaky fast. Could be due to the auto and not being as engaging. Could also be that freight train B58. Or BOTH!

As someone mentioned in this thread, it’s too bad BMW doesn’t put a manny in the M240 or the 230. Either way, I would buy the M2. I always strive to get the top performance model cuz I’m a label whore and I currently have the means to afford it. I find myself very fortunate to even be able to afford an M2.

Watch me get the M2 and then an M2C is released. If it’s auto only (like the M3C/M4C), I’d probably pass and stick with the M2. But would have to see and drive it to convince me of an upgrade. Test drives seem to be a thing of the past. Hell, getting a new car is difficult enough. I don’t need more than 400 hp anyway, but I do chase and want it. Hence the interest in procuring an M2.

What will I do if such a G87 M2C becomes a reality? Stay tuned…

For the weight thing, the M240 is a hog, but hides it well. BMW did a fabulous job. I feel it going through hard fast corners, but it’s predictable and surprisingly easy to control. The steering leaves a bit to be desired as others have mentioned in the M240 subforums. But it does the job. Turn right, car goes right. Turn left, car goes left. The brakes do feel a bit underwhelming at times (I don’t have the Cooling & Performance Package), but my reference point is based on much lighter cars with better brakes in most cases. Hopefully, the steering and brakes are much better on the M2.

I expect nothing less in performance/feel from the M2 even though it’s almost pushing 4000 lbs (based on those early reviews we saw on the track, the driver’s were very impressed with handling although they really didn’t get to push it too hard with the pace car in front). I guess I could lose about 30-40 lbs, but I like to eat. I’ll just tick the CF roof and call it even. If I wasn’t worried about getting in and out of the CF seats, I’d tick the CF package. But I won’t be at the track often enough to offset the inconvenience of getting in and out of the car in my garage (and any other tight spots).

I’m done typing now and for those that scrolled through and rolled their eyes:

I’m getting a manual G87 M2 for me!
Not for my wife.
Not for my girlfriends.

FOR ME!
Appreciate 8
atl_1M1520.00
BRAKE!847.50
T_U_D6687.00
Vaticous134.00
Caerus534.50
bean_140.00