View Single Post
      11-24-2023, 10:26 AM   #10
NoMoreVW
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Current: VW R32, GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2 CCO View Post
No worries! I had BMW install them (front and rear) while I was in for my break in service. I’ve changed pads myself before but the rears on this car need to have the parking break electronically retracted. There is a hack on YouTube to still do it yourself but I didn’t want to roll the dice with it.

The ISweep pads are not the lowest cost option, but that wasn’t in my purchase factors to be honest. I went with them based on the feedback I was tracking from this forum and the folks in the M3/4 forum.

Regarding warranty, I’m sure if my rotors warped or something went wrong with the braking system down the road that BMW would try to blame the non-OEM pads, but it’s not something I would worry about personally.

Agree the squealing was really annoying so I had to try and fix it and this did the trick! Now if there is also any reduction in dust I’ll be an extremely happy camper!

I took a picture of the wheel with about 3 weeks of dust and a rain storm mixed in and will take a picture of them again in the same interval for comparison and post it up in a few weeks.
What did they charge you to install the pads?
Appreciate 0