View Single Post
      03-24-2022, 09:32 AM   #30
Golddog
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 Alfa Romeo Stelvio

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPR View Post
Am I going to be the only one who is buying and not leasing? I was on the fence between the M240i and the new Z but am really leaning towards the BMW. The Nissan wins in I can work on it myself and Japanese reliability. The BMW wins with AWD, electronics, comfort, close enough or possibly equal in performance, and I think it looks better.

I keep my cars for 5-7 years, or possibly longer. The B58 seems solid so I'm relatively comfortable from a reliability perspective. Am I better off leasing and then deciding to buy at the end? Was planning to pay half in cash and finance half. Having a BMW or any German car outside of warranty is kind of scary. Can anyone weigh in with their experience in post-warranty year(s)? Not this car obviously, but BMW's in general.

I will likely do maintenance myself (oil, coolant, transmission fluid, brake fluid, brake pads, etc.)
I am buying mine. I will keep it for the 4 years, 50,000 miles while under warranty. If I decide to keep it, I will purchase an extended warranty just before the factory warranty expires. I normally lease, but in todays environment, I would never pay $900+ a month on a $56K car.