Geighty7
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeAgent View Post
Hey everyone, first time poster.

Test drove the new M2 over the weekend. It had the standard roof (with the sunroof). I like to position my seat fairly high, so I'm looking out the upper portion of the windshield, and I'm also a bit on the taller side at 6'1". I found I had to sit a bit lower than I would like so my hair wasn't rubbing on the headliner.

Now, it seems to be pretty commonly said that the carbon roof option (which deletes the sunroof) adds headroom. Before I option that on my build, does anyone know exactly how much headroom is gained above the front seats? Trying to decide if that $2,600 is worth it

Thanks in advance.
I am 6 ft and fit perfectly inside the carbon roof option. I like to ride a bit low however. I think the carbon roof adds to the "M" appeal of the M2. IMO- without the carbon roof looks very plain. Aside from the looks aspect, it reduces weight by about 40+lbs. Can't say how much it adds in terms compared to the sun roof option, but I don't think there is a huge difference. The extra $$ was well worth it for me as I wouldn't drive the M2 without the CF roof option.
Appreciate 1