View Single Post
      01-13-2022, 08:00 PM   #713
Karmic Man
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C

Aesthetically looking very promising...the lower front bumper is a bit too busy in my eyes...hopefully just some fake vents for now

410hp base? That's weak, even the M240i has close to 390hp

The AMG A45S has 415hp, the upcoming Nissan Z will have 400hp and the new WRX STi will deliver something similar...

Many track guys are buying the new Toyota GR86 and GR Yaris because they have a huge range of aftermarket parts support and are very fast once modded...much cheaper to run because of their simplicity in design and a light weight body ~1280kg

I don't think sales will be as strong as the F87 if they go conservative and mediocre on the performance front. The G87 has to be quite a bit stronger than the F87 to lure interest back. Don't be afraid to step on the toes of the M3/M4 is what I am alluding...the M3/M4 are for a different demographic, they are for people who wants a larger car with more luxury. They don't care about lap times. Many of them have other cars or bikes to fulfil that need. If driving pleasure and speed is the first priority, the M2 should be positioned as THE car in the range

I will get the new GR86 for sure and will definitely want to get the G87 as well but they have to make it attractive performance wise. The F87? I will keep for forever

Last edited by Karmic Man; 01-13-2022 at 08:24 PM..
Appreciate 0