View Single Post
      08-09-2022, 10:47 AM   #1
CarsAndGuitars
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i

For those who took delivery with no dealer wash prep...

What was the condition of your exterior?

I took delivery yesterday and did a quick wash when I got home. Afterwards, I went over the car with a handheld swirl light, and continuing to recheck at various times of day / varying lighting conditions.

So far, I have only found a couple holograms from adhesive and a few small bits of adhesive on the paint and on the edge of one wheel.

There are a few random very superficial hairline scratches that 95% of people would never see / care about. I was able to almost fully remove a couple with only a microfiber and Sonax Perfect Finish, so I am sure I will be able to quickly correct them with the RO polisher.

I have the M performance (non-Shadowline) trim and there are a good number of swirl marks and water spots in the piano black I will need to polish out.

I will be doing a full detail this weekend, spending as much of it as is necessary to get the finish to my obsessive level of satisfaction.

Last edited by CarsAndGuitars; 08-09-2022 at 05:25 PM..
Appreciate 0