View Single Post
      04-27-2022, 12:43 AM   #58
eddj
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2025 M4C xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver Coutu View Post
150 means specs are locked but production hasnt started yet. 152 means it has started and 155 means quality check. My current M240i order has been 150 for a week now. I don't think we have VDC in canada. As far as i know they go from the train to Vaughan(if ontario car).
Hi Denver,

I just ordered my m240i about a week and a half ago from a local BMW dealership in my town in Ontario . Initially (before ordering) I was told that I might get a May or June production week and when ordering the car I wasnt aware of this allocation system because this was my first time ordering a BMW car. But when I checked with my dealership last week, I was told I have a production number already but my order was in status 047 with no production week yet and no code 111 and that this not yet known production week might get pushed further, worst case scenario in July because of some production delays in the last couple a weeks which the dealership got as an internal memo released recently from BMW.
After reading posts in this forum all past week and this week now, I understood that if the dealership has an open allocation when you put your order with them then you should immediately get a production # and get the status 111 order accepted together immediately after and if you get the code 047 like me from the beginning it means the dealership doesn't have an open allocation yet and it cant give you a production number until they receive the allocation and your order gets into 111 status with a know production week for your car.

So my 047 status with production # already received it means that I got the allocation but got the status 111 and the production week date delayed for the moment ? or even if I got the production # it means that I still need to wait that my dealership gets an open allocation for me?

Also since I saw you already ordered a couple m240i for your customers in late march and they already have an April production week, that means I have also a chance that I might still receive my production week and status 111 for end of May or June and there are no current serious production delays affecting m240i's production and delivery for Canada ?

Last edited by eddj; 04-27-2022 at 12:56 AM..
Appreciate 0