Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankieNuo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by malibuboats91 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahoebimmer View Post
I test drove the S3 and the M240i and can't imagine why anyone would choose the Audi over the BMW unless you need 4 doors. And I'm usually an Audi guy. We've owned 4 of them and they are usually great in S form, but not the S3. To me the BMW was in a whole different class above.

To be an S car the Audi should really have more power. You will get that in the RS3 of course, but speculation is that is going to be a $70k car real world.
I drove a 2016 S3 for 5.5 years. Sticker was $49,990 and I paid around $42k for it new. It was a great little car, especially with a United Motorsport tune, but BMWs are on a whole different level. I drove VWs and Audis for my whole driving career (14 years / 5 cars) and I don't know that I'll ever go back, especially considering a similar spec'd 2022 S3 is around $57k now and my pretty loaded M340xi wasn't much more.
Smart man, dabbled in the vw/Audi brand once in my life and never again. PURE TRASH.
I'm not an Audi/VW fanboi, but we've had some fantastic vehicles from them. Our 2011 Touareg TDI was great and was used for towing and off-road. Our 2021 SQ7 is spectacular and versatile (except for the MMI system which has been widely criticized). We leased a 2015 A6 3.0 and didn't want to give it back but the residual was too high.

I've never been a fan of the A3/S3 platform. It definitely doesn't compete with the 230/240's. I'm not sure what they are thinking there pricing it so high in S form.

I feel like BMW offers a better value proposition with the 230/240's and the engine, interior and electronics are much better.
Appreciate 0