tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by fe7565 View Post
After reading your post, I went from USAA-liability to USAA-NOBLR-full-coverage for the same price at same levels.

Background: living in a more and more lawless and uninsured-motorist stronghold (NOVA) where my liability insurance in 2024 started to cost the same as my initial full coverage for my car in 2014. I have an older car and the annual USAA full-coverage rates went 10% above the car's value. I also drive a lot less than before. So last year I dropped full coverage and went with USAA liability.

I just signed up today, choosing the policy to start during next week. Will call USAA Monday to cancel my current insurance, although can do that online as well, but want to chat to make sure I am not missing anything.

You have to be USAA qualified, but do not need to have USAA insurance. Sign up was easy and logical online. I signed in to my USAA account and searched for NOBLR Followed the link outside to USAA's NOBLR web-quote. It imported all my USAA information and at the end I was able to choose between two pre-set policies (BASIC and MODERATE) or a CUSTOM one that you can tweak.

There are two components. One fixed rate monthly, and one variable rate monthly. The variable depends on your miles/day and (I believe) your driving score which is monitored by an app you must download. I already had USAA's SafePilot app for a few years snooping on my driving habits in exchange for a discounted rate, so had no problems with downloading "USSA Pay As You Drive by NOBLR".

Checking some "what ifs", as long as drive low miles and drive reasonably safe, the savings will materialize as estimated. A few long trips may drive the variable-rate portion of the costs higher, but should be offset by a significantly more number of low-miles days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
^^ Wow!! That’s great!! So glad my post could help!! My policy has been in force just over ten days. So far I’ve driven 145 miles and my scores are great. I drive pretty smoothly. I accelerate fairly briskly, but very smoothly and I anticipate braking and don’t come to abrupt stops. I have found that talking on the phone even with Bluetooth is too distracting for me, so I virtually never do it. The only time I answer a call while I’m driving is if I know it’s someone calling with something regarding my father and that’s very infrequent. As I mentioned, my main thing is that I do consistently speed. My standard speed is nine miles over the limit. But, NOBLR doesn’t monitor my speed. So far I have a score of 96 and the app tells me the average score is 84. I’m pretty pleased right now.
Check your declarations page with NOBLR. I just discovered they lied to me. More later.
member #388003 - Use me as a referral
& you could win a one day ///M Driving School!!