View Single Post
      03-31-2022, 11:06 PM   #13
beamer-dreamer
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M240i, Volvo V60 XC

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermiti View Post
I totally understand the desire to have a rear wheel drive car, but it is not like the M240i is a front wheel drive Camry. I specifically purchased this car because it is rear biased all wheel drive. I took the Supra out on a test drive when it was first released. I remember thinking how unremarkable it was, I was so disappointed. Perhaps it is because I was just driving a mid-engine car with a carbon fiber tub, but it was slower than other RWD cars that I had at that time. At that point, I didn't know about the potential of the B58 and now I have a lot more respect for the Supra. The Supra is a great car. I remember all the trash spewed toward the Supra when it first came out...just a BMW, why didn't you get a C8, etc...

The M240i is also a great car, it is interesting because as a whole it is a really interesting package, x-drive, coupe, B58. It's the underdog in a lot of ways, but it's also very special. Its way more satisfying to make a quick car blisteringly fast, than to buy a car and never touch it. It is going to be so interesting watching where the car community will take this car. Three years from now people will be in love with this car, everything is going hybrid or electric, this will probably be the last new platform that is a small form factor non-hybrid B58. The I4 M50 is 5000lbs! Light cars, manual cars, enthusiast cars are all getting phased out for SUVs. Before long, laws and inspections will require DRM-like control over all car components eliminating any kind of modifications. With that said, drive what makes *you* happy and be thankful that we have any enthusiast geared cars available even if they are not your favorite.
exactly this!.. this will be the most expensive car i've purchased.. in part because i think it will be one of the last of the breed.. and even in the new 2023 M240.. you lose more button controls, and get more screens... i feel like these will be special, and more so in time
Appreciate 1
Ruebarb380.00