View Single Post
      06-06-2022, 09:15 AM   #17
jbazz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 x3 30i , 1990 Miata Turbo

All great feedback - thanks for sharing!

On suspension, I would agree that I would want sport mode to provide more firm dampening for track conditions. I wish the dynamic suspension provided a bit more of a difference. However since this car will rarely see the track, I think it is ok for me for now. This is the benefit of the M2.

If you ever have alternative alignment specs for the car to share, I think many would appreciate it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by conradb58 View Post
*Update*

So…

Misha did a lap in my M240 and we made a video so stay tuned for that ! He is a much faster driver than me (obviously) and he had some positive feed back and some takeaways. I did an additional lap afterward just to get one more in before track closed.

Tires: started with 2.0 bar F & 2.1 bar R. Worked perfectly

Tires hot got to 2.8bar which is perfect.

His positives : power is perfect and the car obviously more RWD biased than the previous Xdrive models and the M Performance LSD helps out tremendously.

His takeaways: weight (given), car tends to oversteer but we may be able to correct this with a track alignment. For the Brakes just step up to a better pad, suspension is too soft for the weight of the car.

Keep in mind this is the Nordschleife which is extremely bumpy , has a few jumps and major elevation changes. So tailor your alignment to the track you drive on.

Final Thoughts: with some light modifications this car has major potential. Our only drawback here is the weight unfortunately.
Appreciate 0