02-16-2022, 12:25 PM   #952
frankiebones
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Fire Orange G80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teutonic View Post
Take is as you want.
Makes sense. Obviously BMW design did not convince them to switch boats; clearly is better to wait 5 months for the car that managed to have a conservative and widely acceptable design…
And if you are also a fan, makes more sense. I will do the same.
Maybe sound weird, yet I am a hardcore BMW fan; maybe that’s why it hurts more…

Yes, I don’t like many things, including the grilles.
Yes, is ok. Is good, but far from phenomenal; very very few cars can claim such title. Maybe our perception of quality is different…?

I bought an 2021 M340i Individual M Performance Edition with a decent face instead of the M3. And is in full Merino.
"For the money." You ignored my modifying statement "for the money." The G80 is a 72k car plus options. It is not an S class mercedes, nor is it a bentley.

I have a GT3 allocation in manual i am building for production later this year. I think the interior of the G80 is much better quality, especially the bucket seats. I also spend a fair amount of time driving a Bentley Flying Spur (4-5 x a month). I would say that my perception of quality is higher than yours.

I think the best value for the money across various luxury segments is the BMW 540. That's my opinion, although I don't own luxury cars and never have.

I think if you didnt hate the grilles you would be less harsh on other aspects of the brand's evolution.
Appreciate 0