Thread: My 2024 G87 M2
View Single Post
      02-22-2024, 10:57 AM   #88
HockeyDad
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 Porsche GT4, 2024 M2

[QUOTE=xtougher;30924483]Awesome! Good luck with the timeline. Someone put together a spreadsheet that shouldn't be too hard to find of a bunch of people's timelines based on major steps. 20 days from build completion is on the quicker side, if I remember correctly. 2 G87s in the family...nice!

Yes, it will be nice! I've driven BMWs for decades, with the last one being an OG '18 M2. Drove it for 4 years/60K miles and loved every bit of it. But, in 2020 I went to the Porsche dark side and bought my first one - 718 GT4. Then, traded in the OG M2 on a 992 Carrera 4GTS. That 4GTS is gone now and am awaiting a '24 GTS that'll arrive stateside in May.

When my son started the order process on his G87 we got on the lists at 3 different Texas dealers. The one in his then hometown in West Texas came through first and he took delivery in September. From the first time I drove that car I was highly impressed - it's a much better car that my 2018 M2 was. Fast forward to late December, one of the DFW dealerships we were still on the list of called me out of the blue and said he had an allocation. I thought about it for 30 seconds and took it! Frozen Portimao Blue, manual, carbon roof.

What I've learned is that as fantastic as the GT4 is, (and believe me, it is) it's makes for a very bad daily. Too low, loud, I scrape everywhere, poor stereo, etc. The G87 will be my daily and allow me to keep excess miles off of both Porsches. I fell very fortunate to be able to own these 3 - my wife gave up trying to control my car obsession a long time ago, and my MIL thinks I'm crazy. But my son and I love it!
Appreciate 4
BMR.WRLD276.00
xtougher601.00
Ronin76843.50