10-29-2021, 08:55 AM   #21
mblaucoupe135
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeDarko View Post
I watched a video that stated that you could remotely start, view surrounding, turn ac/heat on etc on the G42.

Does the vehicle need to have the engine running to turn the heat on for the seats? I'm assuming yes as it doesn't have a 48volt system.

Also the main issue I had with the previous m2 comp was the small gas tank. This one is similar if not even smaller tank. With m240i xdrive carrying an additional 200lbs more than the m2 competition wondering how many miles can we expect out one tank in mixed driving.
the small gas tank is one of the things that has annoyed me about my f22 m240i xdrive. I was hoping the new version would be slightly larger but that doesn't seem to be the case. I can tell you that I get about 20mpg overall on my current 2019 m240i xdrive and I do mostly city driving with a bit of highway on the weekends. however i know I could get better gas mileage, but I almost always have it is sport mode and am constantly rippping on it so I can hear the glorious sound of the m performance exhaust with Dinan midpipe! . I'm guessing the new car with the updated b58 engine might get slightly better mileage but I doubt it will be much better due to it also having more power.
Appreciate 0