03-07-2022, 07:51 PM   #1006
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kowalski2011 View Post
'Give me a match, I can't see where the gas is coming from'
(famous last words)
I remember a true story of a kid who wanted to go riding a small scooter of his dad at night in the fields, likely secretly smoking some cigarettes. He escaped his room at night, went to the barn next to his house. Scooter low on fuel. He collected a jerrican of fuel stored inside the barn, couldn't see well in the darkness and spilled fuel during the refuelling attempt. To check out the mess he had made, he decided ...to use a cigarette lighter near the scooter. The rest is history: *WOOF* - the whole barn completely burnt down. On top of that: running scared back to his room not alerting his parents - no injuries. His parents soon noticed the fire ravaging the barn.

I wasn't that kid but felt sorry for him and his parents when I heard about that freak accident.

It all may seem weird but it's like youngsters dying inside their bath tubs after a recharging smartphone slips out of their hands. One of the girlfriends of my old mother-in-law died decades ago by electrocution when her hair-dryer slipped out of her hands into the bath. Once and awhile my mother-in-law visits her grave, still in disbelief of the loss many moons ago.