02-22-2024, 12:11 PM   #91
JMcLellan
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyDad View Post
When my son started the order process on his G87 we got on the lists at 3 different Texas dealers. The one in his then hometown in West Texas came through first and he took delivery in September. From the first time I drove that car I was highly impressed - it's a much better car that my 2018 M2 was. Fast forward to late December, one of the DFW dealerships we were still on the list of called me out of the blue and said he had an allocation. I thought about it for 30 seconds and took it! Frozen Portimao Blue, manual, carbon roof.

What I've learned is that as fantastic as the GT4 is, (and believe me, it is) it's makes for a very bad daily. Too low, loud, I scrape everywhere, poor stereo, etc. The G87 will be my daily and allow me to keep excess miles off of both Porsches. I fell very fortunate to be able to own these 3 - my wife gave up trying to control my car obsession a long time ago, and my MIL thinks I'm crazy. But my son and I love it!
Ok. This is really cool that you and your son will both have M2's. Will there any competitions between the two of you at the track?

I really hope my older sort-of-car-enthusiast son (my younger son would rather build legos and cities in Minecraft which I absolutely love) continues to like cars and we still share that connection as he gets older. We've been to about 10+ car shows locally for the past few years, and we just hit up the Chicago auto show this past weekend to feed the passion.