Australia
Rep
Drives: M235i, 420i, and now the M2 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by T_U_D View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
As far as the mild hybrid goes, I doubt that's necessary on M cars with the S58 motor.. That engine runs clean enough to satisfy the tree-hugging regulators and has enough headroom for added power just by simply turning up the boost, rendering a mild hybrid an unnecessary expense and weight penalty, on an already chunky vehicle. But what do I know ����
The S58 and B58 will be receiving a TU (technical update) in the future. BMW added a 48V mild hybird to the B58 for 2022 so a lot of unknown about the S58s future.

The X5 and X6 M are allegedly going to receive a new engine (S68) with the LCI and it includes mild hybridization. The next Gen M5 is currently testing and it will be a hybrid, not mild. Sadly, the Germans want to hug those tress strongly. Porsche is taking the Boxster and Cayman to EV for the next Gen in 2025. The current Gen is the end of the line for ICE. Rumor also has it that the 992.2 (facelift 992) will see a model(s) with mild hybridization. Full ICE is slowing being killed off.
I said this in another thread months before Russia invaded Ukraine; the EV push by Europeans has SFA to do with pollution or the environment and everything to do with reducing their fuel bill (especially Russian fuel)

Everything else is conjecture