09-06-2021, 09:52 AM   #86
Game
------
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP911 View Post
Quality control is not the issue. It's a matter of principle for some, including me. I won't buy a BMW made in Mexico. I have absolutely nothing against Mexico, and I know they can make a good BMW. Does not matter though. I want my premium German cars with their German price tag to be born in Germany. The BMW X being made in the USA is already pushing it for me, but I also can't be mad that they are creating jobs in my country. However, made in Mexico does nothing for me and only contributes a feeling of lost heritage and reduced brand mystique, both of which have been factors in my decision to pay double what I would otherwise need to for a set of wheels. Now, they still want me to pay double, but the product doesn't feel as special as it once did. Why would I consciously support this and spend my money on it? I just can't.
So let's say the G87 M2 is released and is a phenomenal looking car with mind blowing performance for 65k. You're passing on it because the still German car (with parts from all over the world) is being assembled in Mexico?