View Single Post
      02-08-2024, 06:27 PM   #93
Rep
Drives: 600LT, C6 ZR1, G87 M2

Thanks to all for the supportive comments. I'm definitely glad to be in a brand new car. Just got it back from paint prep and full car Xpel Ultimate. Feels great to have a perfect car that is properly protected.

I still find myself oddly intrigued by the last car, so I've been trying to track it down. The vehicle was only listed at BMW Owings Mills for a couple days until the link went dead and the car was removed from their inventory.

It left me curious enough to run a CarFax, which I attached. It states that:

-Car was offered for sale by BMW Owings Mills on 1/24/24 with 4,252 miles.

-Failed safety inspection on 1/31/24 with 4,254 miles. Maybe due to the "brake service needed" dialog that kept coming up because the rear brake pad wear sensor was broken or disconnected. Only thing that comes to mind. I'd think a BMW dealer would know enough to fix that prior to inspection if that could cause a fail.

-Listed for sale again on 2/6/24 which is obviously just two days ago. CarFax describes it as an "online listing," but doesn't specify where.

If I search the VIN 3MF13DM02P8D49042, it only brings up defunct links to various Safford dealers (the parent company of BMW Owings Mills). And a TrueCar link back to the dealer in Washington that I bought it from.

I'm wondering if maybe it got sent to auction. Would explain why the 2/6 sale listing isn't showing on any public sites. If anyone manages to track it down, please let me know!

Pics of the new one after leaving the detailer. Waiting until 1200 mile service to install mods.

From factory avg mpg on the new car so far is about 17.5 vs. the 11.7 on the last one.
Attached Images

Attached Images
File Type: pdf carfax.pdf (910.2 KB, 19 views)

Last edited by 335; 02-08-2024 at 11:14 PM..
Appreciate 4
apez660.50
M2siast5957.00
ourlee927.50