12-27-2021, 01:41 PM   #6
SupraCooper
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 94 6spd turbo Supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by danallxt View Post
Are you planning on running a JB4 unit on the M240? Wondering if one can get away with a JB4 stage 1 (with 91 octane) on the newer B58 engine as i assume boost has already been upped to get the increased HP. I am currently running a jb4 unit on my GTI and like it. Just wondering if folks have played with the JB unit on this revamped B58 engine and if stage 1 would be pushing it beyond what 91 octane would allow. (91 is all we can get here, yes i could add e85 but that is uncommon as well.)

thanks for posting
Quote:
Originally Posted by danallxt View Post
Are you planning on running a JB4 unit on the M240? Wondering if one can get away with a JB4 stage 1 (with 91 octane) on the newer B58 engine as i assume boost has already been upped to get the increased HP. I am currently running a jb4 unit on my GTI and like it. Just wondering if folks have played with the JB unit on this revamped B58 engine and if stage 1 would be pushing it beyond what 91 octane would allow. (91 is all we can get here, yes i could add e85 but that is uncommon as well.)

thanks for posting
You should be able to run any map with it. I emailed Burger and the jb4 does in fact work with the new g42 m240i. I got mine in the mail the other day, and still waiting on my car on order 🤣
Appreciate 0