Captain
Rep
Drives: ///M2

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sikotic View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6speed_M2 View Post
If BMW M makes the car, then it's got some M car sprinkles in it. If BMW makes the car, no. Other than where it's built it's all on which division produces the car from the development stages.

I know the new M2 will be built in Mexico (as I've heard) so there are exceptions in terms of WHO builds the car but not who creates the car on an engineering/testing level
I agree. BMWUSA website for the M340i it states "Enhanced performance and design, engineered by BMW M." so it's clear that they are classifying these cars differently than ever before and separating them from the 330's etc..

It's just toxic when I've seen members getting bullied by others saying "let me guess, you call your car an Mxxxi" when thats exactly what they are called by BMW. No reason to discourage people from enjoying their cars
That's the key word in your quote. "Engineered", not inspired. If that's what they say then maybe it is built by them?

I'm all for people enjoying what they bought with their hard earned money, but it's not an M car. An M car is the M letter with a single number after it.

M2/3/4/5/8

That's not to take away from the greatness that the M240i xdrive has by any means. It's just to say there's levels to it.

The M340i xdrive being as cool as it is, is still levels below a M3 xdrive. I would still drive a M340i any day out the week but if money wasn't an option I'd get the bigger brother.

There's a reason it's more expensive. You get more engine, power, suspension, interior, exterior, brakes, etc.
Appreciate 1
ai38868.50