View Single Post
      07-14-2021, 11:22 AM   #239
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by adolzero View Post
i can chime in as Chinese on this topic,this is definately real bmw next gen m2 bumper- for those who doesnt believe why a world premier new m2 bumper could be found in china,please google "mercedes new s class first leak in china" or read below link
https://www.autoevolution.com/news/2...ng-143574.html
as a result?we Chinese people are the witness of the new s class interior and exterior bumper way ahead mercedes announcement;
my point is:these bumper are not chinese replica- chinese replica are always cost saving and copying from an exsiting design,you can find new z4 replica front bumper for old e89 model in china with different versions,but this thing is true original bmw parts; they are usually test/ prototype model and wrote off after certain test- to deal with dissembling work,they are often sold to 3rd party company to recycle them and some are transported to china with very flexible laws to deal with industrial garbage; one village in south china is famous for getting the news parts from worldwide manufacuter;so dont take munich germany factory plant photo for reference
afterall,nobody in china will do replica with such good details including genuine badges,these mighr not be the final final m2 bumber but 100% prototype bumper during test ;for those who dont believe this- time will tell :D
adolzero, thanks for your comment. It seems to be in line with what the Instagrammer commented who has posted the pictures:

Name:  BMW_M2_Bumper_Instagram_1.png
Views: 1163
Size:  26.8 KB

Name:  BMW_M2_Bumper_Instagram_2.png
Views: 1103
Size:  29.3 KB

But still lots of questions about this mystery front bumper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunker View Post
I'm a trademark lawyer and I do this kind of thing for a living, but regardless feel free to take this with a grain of salt.
To me, the "M2" badge on the supposed bumper is clearly a counterfeit or a mock-up. The clear space at both the bottom and the top of the "2" are incorrect, and the negative space in the font is too large. Compare it to the M next to which it is displayed; the characters even appear to be two different font sizes.
Now look, I'm not saying this makes the bumper fake, but it's pretty obvious to me the badge is fake.
About the counterfeit business: see for example Audi trying to track down counterfeit car parts: