View Single Post
      02-20-2024, 01:51 PM   #19
pg80
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 C

Quote:
Originally Posted by dy444 View Post
Each to their own but I'm not sure this is worth getting too worked up about. I've been living with iDrive 8 for nearly 8 months now and overall I'd say it is pretty good. Yes I have some gripes with it and there are things I'd change if I was in charge, but I don't drive around thinking this car is lacking because of it. Quite the reverse. The last software update even fixed one of my gripes which I don't recall ever having happened before. I have no idea if 8.5 or 9 will better, sometimes BMW's idea of an improvement isn't my idea of one. I didn't know 9 had a smaller screen, that seems a retrograde step on the face of it.

These cars are excellent imo, and almost all of the reasons I think that are related to things that are independent of the iDrive version.
My understanding of the smaller screen it’s x1 and x2 that have smaller screens but I’m fine now it was just a shock to find out it won’t havw 8.5 when I thought for months it would I’ll post it up when I take delivery it’s in Baltimore currently
Appreciate 0