06-09-2022, 06:36 PM   #10
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MFrankie View Post
For me, the end of M cars as we know them, I don't care how fast they will go or how much power they will make as an EV.

Take away the noise, the oily bits, the quad exhausts, the tuneability, the smell of 93 octane fuel; fuck me, even the transmission, and that's where the line is drawn for me.

Was always gonna come to this, but it came so much faster than I thought, not even ten years ago we were still on the E9x V8 M3 and that feels like yesterday then in the blink of an eye it's the seeable end of ICE cars.
Agreed. I don't even dislike EVs fundamentally, I even used to work for Tesla. My gripe is this hell bent narrative to ban the production of any single new ICE car despite there clearly being an enthusiast market for it. EVs are superior for the overwhelming majority of vehicles. But to not even allow a handful of M cars, AMG cars, 911s, supercars, etc. to continue seeing the light of day is what angers me.

In a decade it may very well just be some Japanese sports cars that exist to carry the ICE torch forward. Those of us are used to and love European cars will have no ICE options.
Appreciate 3
T_U_D6679.50
Cos270608.50