OUGrad05
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 i4 and 2022 Acura MDX

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Agreed. I don't even dislike EVs fundamentally, I even used to work for Tesla. My gripe is this hell bent narrative to ban the production of any single new ICE car despite there clearly being an enthusiast market for it. EVs are superior for the overwhelming majority of vehicles. But to not even allow a handful of M cars, AMG cars, 911s, supercars, etc. to continue seeing the light of day is what angers me.

In a decade it may very well just be some Japanese sports cars that exist to carry the ICE torch forward. Those of us are used to and love European cars will have no ICE options.
To be honest, I don't even really care that ICE is going away anymore. Even the new ones don't speak to me like the cars that were being released in the late 2000's.

I can literally think of 10 cars on top of my head that I'd rather have than a new G80/992/AMG ect ect... Not to mention manuals are almost non-existent nowadays, so you might as well take ICE away too while we're at it.

I'm all for electric DD's (I'd love an electric Tacoma when they release it) as long as I'm allowed to keep the cars I have. So far, they might not be releasing new fun ICE cars (to my eyes), but as long as I can put gas in the tank for fun drives every now and again, I'm fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Agreed. I don't even dislike EVs fundamentally, I even used to work for Tesla. My gripe is this hell bent narrative to ban the production of any single new ICE car despite there clearly being an enthusiast market for it. EVs are superior for the overwhelming majority of vehicles. But to not even allow a handful of M cars, AMG cars, 911s, supercars, etc. to continue seeing the light of day is what angers me.

In a decade it may very well just be some Japanese sports cars that exist to carry the ICE torch forward. Those of us are used to and love European cars will have no ICE options.
To be honest, I don't even really care that ICE is going away anymore. Even the new ones don't speak to me like the cars that were being released in the late 2000's.

I can literally think of 10 cars on top of my head that I'd rather have than a new G80/992/AMG ect ect... Not to mention manuals are almost non-existent nowadays, so you might as well take ICE away too while we're at it.

I'm all for electric DD's (I'd love an electric Tacoma when they release it) as long as I'm allowed to keep the cars I have. So far, they might not be releasing new fun ICE cars (to my eyes), but as long as I can put gas in the tank for fun drives every now and again, I'm fine.
That seems a weird take to me. The upcoming m2 is very compelling. Porsche has some top shelf stuff right now and the Supra and GR86 are excellent