04-30-2024, 07:42 PM   #13
clutchdj
Colonel
Rep
Drives: a few cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2Sky View Post
I have both 991.2 GTS and obv the G87.

Full disclosure I’ve never driven them back to back same day as my Porsche lives at my home in UK and M2 is at my home in Thailand. I have driven them less than 24 hrs apart though.

As times gone by i can say easily I’d take the Porsche if I could only have 1. It’s an feeling based decision it’s not any faster etc than the m2. I like that it’s simplistic and less annoying with all the electronics and is a lighter less synthetic feeling car. Sounds better too imo. Gearbox is snappier if PDK. It can take a load of luggage if you put the back seats down. .2 has apple car play too which is great. I’ve done monster trips in it.

M2 I love it. It’s much quieter in the cabin softer ride generally but it’s closer than you think especially if you lower the m2. Better audio, the HK in the m2 is better than the Burmester in the 991. I don’t have carbon buckets so it’s also a touch more comfy. Interior leather is tougher less supple so dog goes everywhere with me in it and he doesn’t scratch it to death. Would not risk it in the 911. Steering is lighter around town.

The 991.2 GTS is close to perfection for me, it’s more raw than the 992 which is why I haven’t moved on from it.

I got the m2 in Thailand because I needed the rear seats here. Family are always coming to stay and I also had an itch for another M. Variety is the spice of life and all that crap.
what color is the gts, it looks great on that car.
Appreciate 1
M2Sky97.50