View Single Post
      02-08-2024, 01:45 PM   #1
CHSCHQS
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW 540ix M Sport

Need advice on buying a used G30 in 2024

I'm trying to buy a '22 G30 and buying a used car in 2024 is completely unfamiliar to me. I guess it's become a 'If you don't buy it, the next sucker will.' mentality at the dealerships. Even BMW sales managers are turning me away or not responding when I make my offers (and my offers are not unreasonable, just looking for a slightly better deal than the sticker).

Is the market really that hot? Dealerships think negotiating for a deal is the equivalent to extreme disrespect? I don't mind dealing with salesman and managers, I love the sales game, but seriously are y'all really paying these prices? I've tried walk-ins, phone, internet/text, all the same result. It's like the only way they'll even talk to you is if you agree to pay the sticker immediately. One salesman actually said, "Sir, we don't haggle here. If you want a discount, maybe this car is not for you." LOL DAMN

Luckily, I'm not in a hurry so I just keep looking but I'm shocked out how unfamiliar I've suddenly become with the car current car buying process and the sales landscape in general. Any advice?
Appreciate 0