Thread: Tow hook plates
View Single Post
      03-30-2023, 09:02 AM   #83
Mike_H_
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M240ix, 370z, Highlander

I INITIALLY installed the EOS Plate Version 2 Full Sized Front Bumper Tow Hook License Plate Relocator Mount Bracket Tow-580-V2 nut have since installed the SlyBracket.
  1. The tow hook bolt is long enough, and can be tightened with a 17 MM socket.
  2. There were two 7mm extensions included and you will need to use 1.
  3. The plate mount has many options for how it can be positioned.
Name:  Tow bracket mount.png
Views: 481
Size:  207.9 KB

I swapped to the EOS tow hook mount for the Sly Bracket for the following reasons:
  1. The tow mount location did trigger the sensors sometime, even after playing with the positioning.
  2. The tow mount has a thick bolt, but it's just a single mounting point for the plate bracket, even with everything torqued really tight, it wasn't difficult to grab the plate and twist it out of position.
  3. To minimize (and almost totally eliminate sensor issues) I mounted the plate bracket far to the left and adjusted it follow the line of the bumper, which placed it pretty close to the bumper. It seems like there is a risk at speed that it may contact the bumper, which would defeat the purpose for going with a no-hole mount.
  4. The screw that mounts the plate bracket to the tow hook bolt is a weak point.

I considered padded tape on the back which may have removed the concern about contact with the bumper, but the issue that the plate can be grabbed and twisted can't be addressed.

The SlyBracket is sufficiently sturdy, well secured and doesn't have any issues with the sensors.

I prefer SlyBracket's no-drill solution to the EOS Tow Hook mount.

If you have adaptive cruise control, SlyBracket may not work, I'm not sure.

Last edited by Mike_H_; 03-30-2023 at 09:29 AM.. Reason: Caps error, add missing info
Appreciate 0