View Single Post
      03-31-2023, 03:38 PM   #84
Mike_H_
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M240ix, 370z, Highlander

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWOHammer View Post
Trying to order the Slybracket plate mount but I don't have the car to check, and I think the answer is "no" but can someone please confirm?

"VERY IMPORTANT: Are there ACTIVE GRILLE SHUTTERS between the LOWER GRILLE and Radiator? (see TIPS and FAQ's on how to check)

NO, ABSOLUTELY NOT. (This means you physically checked behind the LOWER GRILLE and your vehicle does NOT have the SHUTTERS)

YES. I MIGHT NEED A CUSTOM MOUNT. (No extra charge. See TIPS and FAQ's on how to measure)"

Thanks!
I've attached a picture of the lower active grille shutters in both open and closed position on my 2022 M240ix.

If you would like to see your lower active shutters in the OPEN position, put the car on MAX A/C and in Sport + and they will be open.

I didn't have calipers to measure precisely, but SlyBrackets has the measurement from the FRONT of the decorative grille to the OPEN position of the lower active shutters @ 3-1/2" and that will work.

MOST fitments will have a couple tenths more to work with between the front of grille to open active shutters.

SOME off-center fitments could potentially be placed in front of the vertical bars that the active shutters pivot open and closed from and 3-1/2" is that measurement.

Name:  Lower shutters closed.jpg
Views: 453
Size:  50.3 KB

Name:  lower shutters open.jpg
Views: 447
Size:  56.1 KB
Appreciate 0