No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagon View Post
The Michelin marketing train is strong in this thread
And for very good reasons. However I never had problems with Yokos, they've been some of the better non Michelins I've had in the past. A lot better than my experience with Contis for example.

As for Michelins, I never had a Michelin street tire go bad by itself in over 30+ years and I always experienced an upgrade when swapping out delivery tires of other brands. Yep, I'm a fan however should I buy an M2 and get Yokos I'll happily drive them to the threads before swapping to PSXS, same if I get Pirellis but if the car come with Contis, they'll go in the trash were they belong.
I agree, it's very easy to generalise when it comes to tyres.

Current Conti CSC6 or Pirelli PZ4 Sportscar are much better than you'd think.

I don't have much experience with Yokohamas, but the thing is, they're already on F90 M5s and if they were really shite, they wouldn't get approved by BMW M. Are BMW G8x-spec PS4S better, most likely yes, but no reason to get your panties in a bunch over a consumable such as tyres.

KW and Michelin just know how to market their products in 21st century. And the former really shouldn't be praised as high, but that's a topic for another time.