United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 435i Xdrive MSport

Garage List
2015 BMW 435XI  [0.00]
2009 Honda Civic  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E36M3 View Post
I don’t trust even the dealer to do work the correctly. Had an N55 oil pan gasket changed at the dealer under warranty and got my vehicle back with oil everywhere to include a pile of oil soaked rags stuffed in the drivers side fender liner forward of the strut tower. Other issues as well. Dealers are only as good as the techs they hire and it only takes one to not prime your oil system for you to have major issues. I’ve done this job myself several times (X3 35i with N55 with 175k miles and 2014 335i with 82k). Don’t use the Elring gasket between the housing and the oil thermostat housing as I’ve had it leak when the BMW one doesn’t. Have the manifold o rings on the intake ports done at the same time you do this. I recommend you DIY so you know the priming procedure was done correctly. Get ISTA and follow along with the detailed manual.
Yeah unfortunately I don't have the time nor the room to DIY things. Sorry to hear your experience. I've had a few bad experiences with the one indy shop I used to go to.