12-01-2023, 07:23 AM   #13
RockCrusher
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2023 ZB M2 6-speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit009 View Post
I received the two quarts low message as well with less than 5k miles. Called the dealer and was told B58 burns oil when driven hard and depending on weather. I live in South FL so hot summers. In any evenr, dealer advised add the two quarts. I added one and remeasued with electronic dipstick. Said one quart low. I added the additional quart and remeasured. Said full. Has said full since. First oil change in 1,800 more miles.
No longer have my 230i. Traded it in for a M2 April this year. (But believe it or not I may go buy a new 2024 230ix later today.)

Anyhow, in the around 8K miles I put on the 230i it didn't use oil. But I didn't track the car/engine. I did drive it with some spirit upon occasion.

After I drove my new M2 some miles -- less than 500 -- I checked the oil level and it was down a bit. The car did not give me a low oil warning which I understand would have been accompanied by info on how much oil to add.

I winged it and added less than 1/4 liter of oil. Checked the level and it was still a bit low. Added a bit more oil and checked the level again. It was ok.

Have over 5K miles on the M2 now and it has not used any oil. No tracking but I give the engine the whip once in a while.
Appreciate 0