tahoebimmer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightngsvt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahoebimmer View Post
Looks like my car which was ordered November 22nd will be at the dealer ready to pick up on December 29th. That's only 5 weeks and 2 days!

They called me today and wanted me to pick it up by the 30th but unfortunately we have been snowed in and not only is our road not plowed but the highway is closed. So I'm going to have to wait.

73 inches of snow has fallen at our house in the last 5 days. This is what the road looks like.
You got 6' of snow?!?! No thanks.

Nice dog, Siberian Husky? I've had a few, I have 2- Alaskan Malamutes now. Gotta love the sled dogs, they have so much personality!
I don't want to derail the thread but yes he's a 75% Husky and the rest is Malamute and German Shepard. 10 1/2 years old. I get the "is he a wolf?" question all the time. Good dog for this climate!

The M240i not so much. I had to order the all-season tire's because I read that the Michelin Summer tires will actually crack below 20F, and that happens here about 5 months of the year even if there is no snow on the ground.

I'll probably keep it in the SF Bay Area at a family member's house until April due to the severity of this winter.

To the people waiting, yes, my dealer had an allocation queued up. I think they had ordered it for the dealership instead of holding it for a customer, but not sure how that works. They modified it to my specifications and it went right into production . They also had a Thundernight loaded one in stock but I didn't want that color. I believe they are the largest BMW dealership in Northern California which might have had something to do with it.
Appreciate 0