View Single Post
      03-24-2023, 08:59 AM   #179
DSTR
Captain
Rep
Drives: 22 M240iX / 23 M2 Tor-Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtdragon View Post
You said it right there. Just bring it for service. You're really complaining about a service that you probably will need to get done once every 100k miles. It's a proven transmission the ZF8 is in so many cars albeit different variations.

And exactly this. Same procedure for my DSG Audi. I bought a $100 OBD dongle to tell me the temp of the transmission fluid. But otherwise it's as simple as most manual or other automatic transmission fills. A lot require it to be level and to fill until it runs out. Only difference is this needs to be at a certain temp and then fill is complete.
And I'm just assuming you aren't doing the work yourself based on your wording.

All I'm saying with all that is if you want a manual get one. If you want an auto get it. This is not a new drive train the transmission has been in BMWs lineup for some time. And in the M since 2020.
If you're afraid of reliability because it says there's no maintenance interval on something then bring it in for service.

If you're afraid of the price then bring it to a German shop. It's going to be out of warranty by then anyway.
The ZF8 has documented service intervals. Those specifications are from ZF themselves. My BMW dealer knows this and will perform that service. The fluid from ZF is expensive, for a fluid.

This is from another source. ZF has a registration process for service data now. This is accurate but an example, not one directly related to the ZF8 in the new M2. Lifetime fill is not true.

https://blog.fcpeuro.com/zf-8-speed-...cs-maintenance
Appreciate 1
EXE462104.50