Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 ///M3; X3 (wife's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterdentures View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by e46e92love View Post
Glad to see at least one person on here gets it. People's ideas of financial responsibility blows my mind…..no one who has created true wealth would ever think spending HALF of what their salary is on a car. Insanity. But that mindset keeps the top 1% at the top….

Cheers,
e46e92

Haha yeah, that is the mindset that keeps the top 1% at the top, not generational wealth or extreme privilege or anything else. Get off your high horse dude, not everyone wants to hoard their money for the future, it can be entirely reasonable to spend half your salary on a car if that fits your priorities. You could die tomorrow and loose everything, if you want to save way more that's great for you, but it doesn't make you a better or smarter person than the next guy.
You call it high horse, I call it financial responsibility / education. That is the problem today, people think they can make 1+1=4. BMW and other companies know it, prey on it and love it.

People can do what they want, but spending half your money on a car is fine as long as you don't complain or ask for help when the consequences of that decision don't turn out well. Kind of like the people who think public roads are a good place to drive twice the speed limit because they have a "sports" car which makes them "feel" like they are in control.

I have found in life, people who know, tend to make better decisions. Like people who understand finances don't get into financial trouble and great learned track drivers don't drive twice the speed limit on public roads.

Just food for thought, but if personal attacks are your thing, keep 'em coming, I have heard worse.

Cheers,
e46e92

"...it's not about the money and not about the brand of the car, it's about handling,performance and passion......And that, no other car has all together like an M3........when you talk about the most complete car the M is invincible." --Tony Kanaan.
Appreciate 1
wb8164128.50