View Single Post
      08-09-2022, 12:32 PM   #11
siwatkins
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M440i XDrive Coupe (G22)

Interesting review. I nearly bought one of these instead of an M440i and I still have a bit of a soft spot for this model. The things you did not like were some of the things that shifted me to the 4. I do not like the outside black plastic covers (the skateboard) down the side of the car - not one bit. My sense was they’d be total scratch magnets. I did not spec black shiny trim in the interior either. I went for the mesh, which in my view is in itself a big improvement over the tetragon. Rear legroom - I don’t need the rear legroom regularly but I was nervous in the M240 that it was too much of a pinch. That said, I love the slightly stripped back, lighter thing going on in this, which manifests itself as slightly better performance. Not a fan of the Brooklyn myself nor the rear spoiler thing (for me), but this car does have a slightly younger vibe than the 4 and I think it suits. Totally agree with your thoughts on the thundernyte. It does look cool - today. Will it be in future? Is it a more fashionable choice that gets old? - time will tell, but that’s a subjective personal view obviously and I’m sure there will be future buyers who want purple. Nice car, nice video.
Appreciate 1