03-14-2023, 03:05 PM   #99
BimmerFix
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 24' M3 Competition RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albator_IIII View Post
There is a noticeable difference in chassis dynamics. If you cannot tell, then I am jealous as if that were the case for me, it would be an easier decision to forego the M variant.

Not trying to be an elitist prick. This is me and I am sure others will concur. The difference in the "butt dyno" and I am not talking about strict power can be substantial but also depends on the driver.
I mean this is pretty much spot on , it's not just the engine. Chassis & handling characteristics are definitely improved . + The steering in direct correlation to that

Cooling components are on a different level as well

Brakes+tires still better compared to M240 w/ ZTK package but prolly not a massive difference.

Don't get me started on the looks , the M2 is one sexy machine. I personally love it. I know were talking about performance here but regardless this effects my purchasing decision no question

Also bucket seats if that's your thing . But knowing BMW they'll eventually give that to M-lites , unlikely but possible.

The gap is definitely closing like never before. With these strong engines to begin with , you can spec CF roof now , M sport differential, M adaptive suspension, bigger brakes+ tires ZTK pack , paddle shifters, etc ..