onehorsepower
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 (G01)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmase248 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahoebimmer View Post
Interesting. I didn't know about this website.

Just for fun I looked at Northern California. My car is on there along with 8 others. All of them say Pending Sale and Dealer is asking above sticker.

I have a slight concern that someone may try to poach my car now 🥲
I think you're good. As soon as my car came in they had it posted on their website because I hadn't finalized the deal.

I think it's dealership protocol. Since I hadn't signed the final paperwork, it wasn't sold in the system yet and they couldn't sell it because mine arrived before the release date.
This is more or less correct. It's not so much protocol necessarily, it's just the way the way the inventory system is set up.

Any vehicle that gets "stocked in" (all vehicles have to be in stocked to inventory to be able to sell them, customer order/pre-sold or not) automatically pulls up on the website. It's set up this way so that we are not manually pushing vehicles to the website, as that is unpractical when you have a large amount of inventory and it's constantly changing.

It is also correct that once a deal has been built for a specific unit that the inventory system then knows automatically to take it off of the website and mark it a "sold unit".

While I'm sure it happens, it's pretty unlikely your dealer is trying to sell it out from under you. The auto group I work for would never allow a dealer to operate that way, but we have a standard of ethics to uphold due to being publicly traded. More than likely their inventory system is probably just set up the same way as the auto group I work for.
Appreciate 2