View Single Post
      12-20-2023, 07:27 AM   #7
Pentland
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i (G42)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdurty2 View Post
This coding is nothing new. It existed for all F series across all models where M perf parts were available.

The coding instructions for the rear diffuser are for disabling the comfort access for trunk lift. The feature where you put your foot under the car and the trunk opens.

The coding is not specific to any model, BMW just has it done for all models even if that model never came with the trunk comfort access feature.

Our cars have yet to come with the comfort trunk access.

As far as the coding for the front lip it mentions within ISTA to go into the FGS section. On models with a pedestrian protection system they have an “FGS sensor” in the front bumper. My guess is that the coding changes the warning distance for this sensor.

Just like trunk comfort access our cars are not fitted with the pedestrian protection system.

That’s not entirely true. They are generic coding instructions however, I had an F36 with the comfort tailgate opening. Added the M performance diffuser and it didn’t need coding. The coding was for the carbon diffuser on a different model.
Appreciate 0