View Single Post
      03-13-2024, 05:38 PM   #14
Littlecoupe
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fronzdan View Post
Yeah I tried both FOBs. One is in a leather cover (I doubt there is any shielding). The other is just the FOB itself. I never even use it because it doesn’t have my settings linked to it. Both behave the same way.

It doesn’t seem to be a weak signal between the FOB and the car. Three pushes and it starts. It runs for a few seconds…not sputtering or anything, then just shuts off as I walk closer. At that point I would think the handshaking with the FOB is done. It’s almost as if the FOB coming in proximity to the car is missing a check of some sort and it’s shutting it off.

Hmm I just realized that I always have my phone and the card with me as well. Both of those are linked to the car. So three rfid sources on me that are able to start the car. Could that be it?!

I should try an experiment.
Do you have comfort access, and is it turned on? You say it shut off as you walk closer to the car. Maybe that has something to do with it. To note, I have not paired my phone or the card to start the car, only the key. I also have comfort access turned off. I have never had the car turn off when starting with the FOB, so long as the start conditions (battery charge) were met.
Appreciate 0