Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSee View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
I'm not sure how to articulate it into words but I'm not a fan of this exaggerated tacked-on looking widebody rear quarter panel..

I like some smooth creases with a subtle hit of muscles.. ��

The BMW designers are doing too much..

The M2 is BMW's boy racer car. Regardless of what this enthusiast community thinks that's the demographic they are targeting. And they've been telling you that since the F87. Every BMW OEM M-Performance sticker/part/add-on/kit for that car screamed boy racer.

You are all chasing that high you got as a young man watching/admiring/driving/lusting after your first bmw 3/m3/e39 M5/e38 M-Sport.

Design and marketing choices don't resonate with a lot of the folk here because BMW is telling you - it's probably time for you to buy an M5.
Interesting psychoanalysis on just my screen name but to add a little perspective; as a single male under 40, I simply want a smallish, stately looking vehicle with a manual transmission, that hovers under 60k, which doesn't resemble a Fisher Price toy.

BMW started this trend in 2008 by offering affordable, pocket-rockets to my target demographic, with advent of the 135i starting at a relatively reasonable price of 38k and they got me hooked. However, now that it's inherent successor, the G87 M2 is threatening to exceed over 65k MSRP, it's certainly not marketed to the entry-level or "boy racers" crowd anymore but more so those young at heart, with deeper pockets.

As I mentioned before, had BMW no longer offer a manual option, I would not sneeze on one. I feel like my love affair with this brand has run its course and I no longer appreciate where they are headed, for various reasons.
Appreciate 6