View Single Post
      04-10-2024, 06:27 PM   #14
Mr. Hankey
Christmas Poo
Rep
Drives: 2024 G87 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabesSlowM4 View Post
Anyone think of a way to install just plain mesh underneath? Looking to do this to my M4 and if it's possible to do if for as little as $50.00 it might be worth it just stopping by a home improvement store and grabbing mesh.
I split the uprights and just got the Zunsport for $158 shipped. It's strong, it doesn't restrict airflow across the cooler, little rocks won't get stuck all up in its business that will constantly need cleaning out and for me way more protection than the car has stock. Going to put it on and not think about the matter again. Think about your time. $50 to cut your own mesh and figure out how to install it, when for $158 it ships to you, install is easy, it has a bit of a gap to the cooler, and its stainless and stronger than whatever I would build. What's your time worth to you? For me easily that extra $100. But if you like projects and need something to do, then I can see building your own as rewarding.

Sure a 2x4 or boulder will likely not be stopped by it but that kind of hit will be obviously heard and I'll know to stop and check no matter what kind of protection is installed down there.