Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 IB E92 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
[COLOR="DarkGreen"]..I'm endlessly confused by the current aesthetic decisions of BMW...[/COLOR]
Fixed it for you.
Some broken things can't be fixed; one of these is design language that starts early in the lifecycle. China is Germany's most important trading partner. Execs from the big 3 car manufacturers, frequently discuss and strategize with senior German government officials as to how they can grow and monetize that relationship by creating status symbols for the Chinese rich and nouveau riche, and there are many. So Munich's designers tried to create an aesthetic that would appeal to both Chinese and Western markets resulting in a comically looking end product. Now Merkel is on her way out, so who knows what the future holds with China? Not optimistic, though. IMO, the current gen ///M5 is probably the last we'll see of astoundingly gorgeous, elegant and understated BMWs that don't have the insecure need to scream out "Hey, please look at me everyone! I really need to be noticed!"