DailyDownshift
Battle Tactician
Canada
Rep
Drives: TR G87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayger12 View Post
Newb and long-time lurker/reader.

Did my legwork here and ordered the car this week. I have some time to percolate/adjust on options as I'm waiting for the allocation to come up at the dealer.

My question is-- for those in the car for a while, and knowing what you know now-- what would you have done differently with respect to speccing out the car?

Options you regret not getting? Options that were a waste?

Color choice remorse?

Appreciate the feedback and all of the posts and contributions that got me to this point.

Current build: 6MT, ZB, M-Color highlight, CF trim, JB wheels, Shadowline/lighting pkg, CF roof, HUD, wireless charging, heated wheel (I'm getting soft in my old age)
I've owned my M2 for just over 1 year now. It's a TR, manual with everything but the carbon seats. Here's what I would change:

A) Not order the wireless charging. I don't really use it much as it just heats up the phone and charges slowly. I also look at my phone at red lights a lot so it's a hassle to grab out of the armrest storage area. I just have a USB-C cable plugged in always now and its fine.

B) I think in Canada the HUD is part of the premium package, but if it's separate in any other part of the world, I would definitely skip on optioning it. It's a cool gimmick for the first month but I haven't looked at it once in the last 6 months. Even on track, it's just a complete non-factor for me.

C) Probably would have made sense to put some PPF on the front end as mine is completely beat up. Multiple small paint chips and scratches from tracking the car and drift shenanigans. Doesn't bother me much but for someone who is keeping the car for multiple years, probably worth doing.

Other than that, I wish I would have modded my car more in the first year! LOL

Appreciate 3
Ronin76869.00
aerobod3721.00