View Single Post
      04-13-2021, 11:28 AM   #15
crosbycail
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5, 2010 Audi A4

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin2211 View Post
this honestly should be a recall.....ive been dealing with this since day 1 on my 340.....i bought it brand new in 2017. Never got through one summer with out it failing

my 340 has had 4 intercoolers on it, basically 1 per year .....some lasted as little as 5k miles before i had another hole and my a/c was no longer working
you need a rock screen .....i pretty much gave up. Sad BMW never addressed the issue , ive filed many complaints with BMW NA....they just dont care especially since I now have 162k miles on mine. But then again they didnt care at 60k miles.

I'm due for another intercooler to make it #5 ....i didnt bother replacing it over the last 8 months because it was winter and the rock screen was back ordered from germany
I was luckily able to get mine replaced through the dealership I bought it from. It took no convincing surprisingly and they actually replaced my auxiliary radiator and main radiator in order to fit the new end modules necessary for the rock guards to snap in to. But I agree, it really should be a recall as more and more people are seemingly having this issue. Bought my car nearing the end of winter and didn’t really have any issues with the intercooler coolant system being dry until recently when it started warming up and got a few low intake air temp messages. I have 2 rock guards if you need them, currently in the process of returning but I can cancel it if yours are back ordered.
Appreciate 0