pwaf13
“M”ing
Rep
Drives: W205 C63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveyvtec View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwaf13 View Post
Very good write up thank you, mine turned up today so hoping to take out the MMI and fit this at the weekend.
What did you use to fix the amp to the panel please? Zip ties?
Also, as you have written, the best thing to do is code the HU to HiFI, but oddly I spoke with Vibe and they were against that saying this is pure PnP and no coding needed. Found that a little odd to say the least!
Thanks again
So I used strong two sided tape to fix the amp in place because I don’t like unnecessary drilling.

In terms of the coding aspect, I just did it for the sake of it. You don’t actually have to do it so they’re correct in saying that it is PnP. In all fairness, I did find it better after I did it. It brought a nice bit of the mid range in to the sound. I’d recommend doing it but it’s not required to make it work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveyvtec View Post
So I used strong two sided tape to fix the amp in place because I don't like unnecessary drilling.

In terms of the coding aspect, I just did it for the sake of it. You don't actually have to do it so they're correct in saying that it is PnP. In all fairness, I did find it better after I did it. It brought a nice bit of the mid range in to the sound. I'd recommend doing it but it's not required to make it work.
Ah cool, I was going to use Velcro strips to stick in place, good to know tape works as well.

100% plan to code, thanks again for your feedback
Appreciate 0