09-28-2022, 01:34 PM   #33
KJ10
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M240i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaxer View Post
Fortunately for me, I did not complete the paperwork. I was literally in the showroom yesterday for that purpose when the call came. FWIW I am happy to avoid the mess of getting the paperwork straightened out.

Dealer has been really understanding and agreed to reimburse me for my travel costs (around $300), trying to parlay that into a "cost" deal on snow tires and BMW wheels.

I am concerned about the timing of a November fix - as I do have the performance tires, any snowfall would make the drive home (Wisconsin for me) a not-so-fun adventure. The later it goes, the higher the risk.

At this point, I am waiting to hear more from dealer...not much any of us can do but wait...again!
Hopefully they take care of ya! I was planning on driving the car back to Michigan but that is no longer an option. As it stands for me right now with what I have worked out with my CA, I am planning on doing the exact same PCD experience Friday as planned (other than taking possession of my car) and I will be reimbursed plane tickets home instead of driving my car home. My car will then be shipped back to my local dealership and await the fix. He also mentioned pushing for more later if the fix drags on as the car has been purchased and signed for already. Was not my first choice but I feel like they have made a good effort to accommodate me and my guest.

I also have the performance tires and was hoping to get some time in on them before putting snow tires on, but that looks grimmer everyday lol.
Appreciate 2
bobkat09151.50
Zaxer240.50