Carefree
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M240i, M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtougher View Post
This is my understanding as well.

Just a question though: although at some level it makes some sense (some of it doesn't, since it seems they can always cherry pick info that justifies whatever they ask for, etc.), I'm curious is that same practice isn't allowed in a lot of other contexts.

For example, interest rates CAN be based on credit scores, but CANNOT be based on age/race/etc. demographics, right?

Or am I overgeneralizing?
Will only speak to my situation which appears to support my prior post; no intention of speaking for anybody else’s situation. We have 2 homes. Both are in affluent high income communities. The first, in Arizona, is largely composed of somewhat elderly retired (or near) people. It is filled with luxury automobiles. The second, in a western New York suburb, is chock full of young families with kids. Many luxury but far more SUV and secondary (Camry, Accord, etc.) cars. We are undoubtedly one of the oldest couples therein. Now to my previous point. Our M240i Arizona premium is significantly lower than our New York M240i. Same year, same options. Different color . Similar mileage. Clean driver licenses. No accidents.

Not anxiously waiting for premium notice in early March on M2 here.
Appreciate 0