View Single Post
      02-04-2024, 02:18 PM   #106
xtougher
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 G87 M2 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carefree View Post
Will only speak to my situation which appears to support my prior post; no intention of speaking for anybody else’s situation. We have 2 homes. Both are in affluent high income communities. The first, in Arizona, is largely composed of somewhat elderly retired (or near) people. It is filled with luxury automobiles. The second, in a western New York suburb, is chock full of young families with kids. Many luxury but far more SUV and secondary (Camry, Accord, etc.) cars. We are undoubtedly one of the oldest couples therein. Now to my previous point. Our M240i Arizona premium is significantly lower than our New York M240i. Same year, same options. Different color . Similar mileage. Clean driver licenses. No accidents.

Not anxiously waiting for premium notice in early March on M2 here.
Got it...it's the COLOR!

But yeah, I'm not even saying I disagree to some of the logic...just thought it's interesting that we actually sort of accept the different standards in different context. I happen to do mortgages for a living, and it's a thing (apparently, wasn't a thing not too long ago!) to be very careful that certain demographic information is not a factor in loan decisions.

But either way, it's interesting.
Appreciate 1