Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by as7920 View Post
Yawn.

Good. I want auto.

And that's similar to an M2 how? At 1/2 or 1/3 the price?

My point is they are offering both on the other models.
So why not offer both the M2. It would sell. There's a market.

It's for other reasons only.

M4 too big
M240, as above
Driven an RS3. Numb. No thanks.

I'm not asking for the impossible.

M240i. No thanks. Had an M135i between my 1M and M2. As good as the new M240i is.

A standard M2 is not in the same league as a GT4 or GT3. Seriously? That's CS/CSL territory.

Oh yeah, the M4 CSL is RWD. Now that's the comparison. And no doubt they will release an M2 CS and/or CSL in the future to "rival" the GT4. Make that RWD only. be out of my budget anyway.

Perhaps there will be a four wheel drive version of the Cayman when it goes electric.

There is a 911 Carrera 4 incidentally. Offering Porsche customers the choice. Manual or auto options too.

Not that it's directly comparable however it has been compared with the 1M/M2 in the past, but the Audi TTRS is AWD.
First, yeah I am comparing the M2 to the GT4 & the GT3 cause that's how important the M2 is to enthusiasts...there are M2 drivers who ran faster track times than drivers in GT3 or GT4...such a great feeling when one can run with a Porsche GT car or faster through driver mod or performance mod or both.

Second, the way I see it is that the reason you didn't ask for an AWD M2CS/CSL was because it's outside your budget. You want an AWD S58 M car...the M4 xDrive....an S58 M car with a smaller footprint, the M2, all your choice really. Yeah can't have both cause most M2 drivers do not want xDrive
Appreciate 0